World Travel Holdings looking for Junior Web Applications Developer
How would you like to work for one of the country’s 50 Most Engaged Work Places? Do you want to work with complex, cutting-edge technology? Do you have the discipline to work from home? If yes, this may be your next career opportunity!
World Travel Holdings is seeking an innovative, junior-level, Web Applications Developer for its growing Luxury Villas team. In this role you will work with both legacy systems and new technologies on a daily basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their technical chops. The ideal candidate is a highly flexible, team player who does what’s needed to get the job done, is results-driven and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain current legacy systems (PHP process wire) by handling day to day bugs
- Build and document new features for a Villas platform (built with Laravel) and address bugs
- Work with partners to integrate our API, building endpoints, monitoring tools and security features
- Develop customized solutions to support critical business functions and meet project objectives
- Create scalable and reusable code adhering to department standards
- Interpret business requirements and deliver value-added solutions in an agile manner
- Adhere to project schedules and meet challenging deadlines
- Ensure clean releases by regression testing existing functionality
- Stay knowledgeable of industry standards and trends
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years of web development experience
- 1+ years of experience using Laravel 5.5+ and working in a LAMP environment
- 1+ years of experience with HTML 5, MySQL, CSS 3, jQuery, PHP, Bootstrap and Git version control
- Experience with RESTful API’s (design and build), POSTMAN, JSON, Security and best practices
- Ability to write software using object oriented design principles
- Working knowledge of agile development and methodologies
- Strong ability to maintain a high level of focus on tasks while effectively managing different priorities
- Self-motivated, solution-oriented thinker with excellent communication and ability to present creative solutions in an organized manner
- Strong analytical and detail oriented skills
- Ability to bring structure and organization to loosely defined requirements and processes
- Knack for communicating complex solutions to both technical and business stakeholders
- Must be a resident and live in a US state: We do not currently hire in AK, CA, HI, KY, ND, OH, OR, and PA.
About World Travel Holdings
World Travel Holdings is the nation’s largest cruise agency and award-winning leisure travel company with a portfolio of more than 35 diverse brands. In addition to owning some of the largest brands distributing cruises, villas, resort vacations, car rentals, resort day passes and luxury travel services, World Travel Holdings has a vast portfolio of licensed private-label partnerships comprised of top leisure travel providers, including almost every U.S. airline, leading hotel brands and prominent corporations. The company also operates a top-rated travel agency franchise and the country’s original host agency, and is consistently recognized as an industry leader in work-at-home employment. Its global presence includes operating multiple cruise and vacation brands in the United Kingdom. World Travel Holdings has offices in Wilmington, Mass.; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.; Virginia Beach, Va.; New York, NY; and Chorley, England. For more information, visit WorldTravelHoldings.com.