Yoko Co looking for Front End Developer
We’re looking for a Front End Developer to join our team. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable taking design mockups and replicating them with code. Often, this code is in the form of a custom WordPress theme.
You’ll be working closely with our production team, including design staff and developers, to build cool stuff for our clients. Speaking of clients, most of ours are companies, organizations and people who we feel are making a positive impact in the world. So if you’re interested in doing rewarding work that you can be proud of, we just might be the right place for you.
Here’s the kind of stuff you’ll do:
- Develop new user-facing layouts and features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members
- Provide strategic recommendations for design implementation
In order to be great at this job, you’ll need:
- Strong skills with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working with responsive frameworks, like Bootstrap or Foundation
- The ability to build custom WordPress themes and strong familiarity with concepts such as custom post types and custom fields
- A general understanding of SEO
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Adobe Creative Cloud
Ideally, you’ll also have a decent aesthetic eye and be comfortable elaborating on design concepts, style tiles, and general branding to create derivative layouts and interface elements without explicit design instruction.
Have we scared you away yet?
No? OK, great. Because we have exciting news:
In exchange for your services, you’ll be rewarded with a flexible work schedule, the option to telecommute as you’d like, competitive pay, unlimited leave, as well as participation in our annual shutdown (often two weeks off, sometimes more, at the end of the year). Plus, we celebrate most federal holidays by not working. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll be spending your time making things that actually matter.
How to Apply?
To apply, please email email@example.com. Use the subject line “Make It Count” and be sure to include a link to your portfolio and/or GitHub.