Zaarly looking for Designer/Front End Developer
Are you a designer who loves front-end development? Are you a front-end developer with design chops? Kinda sorta both?
Us too – let’s work together!
Silky soft-skills ❤️
- You’re Experienced: You have worked on consumer-facing applications serving thousands of users, and for long enough to have encountered successes and failures
- You’re Really Good: Your are obsessed with execution – your UX work is straight-forward and your UI implementation is 🔥
- You’re Organized: You’d rather work within a system than in the wilderness – maybe you’ve even helped build a design system or two
- You’re Professional: You can take a roughly scoped project and, leading one or two back-end developers, can execute
- You’re Wise: You have experience incorporating feedback and data into your work – you even feel a little lost without those things
- You’re Adaptable: You can responsibly adjust course or cut scope if new information exposes road-blocks in your way
- You’re Empathetic: You fight for the user and have war stories to tell – let’s hear some! 🍿
Cold hard-skills 🧠
We are looking for an expert visual UI designer + front-end developer. Your strengths in interaction design, copywriting, experimentation, and user research will also be weighed.
- Able to create production-ready visual design from scratch
- Able to articulate reasons for design decisions
- Can work effectively across web and mobile (with an understanding of basic platform conventions)
- Experience working daily in applications like Sketch, Figma, Principle, and the like
- Has created or contributed to a style guide for a complex website
- ✨Bonus: Experience making animations with After Effects, Lottie, etc.
- ✨Bonus: Has contributed color palettes, iconography, and/or typography to a design system
- Can discern when new or innovative elements are necessary or ideal and can design and style them effectively.
- Experience working with version control (we use Git)
- Can work happily outside of frameworks like React or Bootstrap
- ✨Bonus: Has contributed UI components and/or patterns to a design system.
- ✨Bonus: Has worked on a rails project before
- ✨Bonus: Experience writing presentational JS
- 🤯Bonus: Experience with iOS and/or Android development WAT U R A UNICORN 🦄
- Able to envision and illustrate complex user flows at a system or ecosystem level
- Understanding of basic psychological principles that impact a user’s experience with our products
- Ability to effectively prioritize an MVP based on the user’s needs, technical constraints, and business goals
Everyone is mission-critical. Half of us work remotely and the other half work from our office in Kansas City, so we keep in touch every day over google hangouts, slack, and a host of other apps. The whole crew comes KC for a week of face time 2 – 3 times per year.
Click below link to apply for this job: