Zoomforth looking for Client (UX and Web) Designer
Our customers use Zoomforth to design some of their most important client, candidate, and employee communications, including: digital proposals, product microsites, onboarding portals, and recruiting landing pages. We are looking for someone with an exceptional feel for content and UX. Typically, we start with a contract position, but there’s certainly opportunity for a full time role.
You’ll join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere, while learning with and from an amazing team. You’ll be involved in the end to end design process, from ideation to publication, and support some of the most respected startups, agencies, and businesses in the world.
Zoomforth is web design software. So we need to constantly demonstrate best practices, build new templates, and show our customers how they can use our software to create beautiful digital experiences.
Moreover, we often support our customers when they need help, either because they don’t have designers on staff, or because they’re looking for our expertise on a high-priority or high-visibility project. Much like Squarespace Specialists or Certified WordPress Developers, at Zoomforth we need our own group of expert designers who can support our customers’ needs (as well as our own internal needs, from time to time) and make our product shine.
This role would involve working with the Customer Success, Design, and Product teams, as well as our customers. In many cases, you’d be leading a team of designers, setting best practices for our work, making our customer design process more efficient and cost-effective, and pushing our product to better meet the needs of our customers.
Your primary function will be to design sites for our most important customers (there’s absolutely an opportunity to drive product, but client design is the urgent need and the proving ground). Sometimes you’ll be working with a client to scope the project, and then pass off to other designers to implement. Sometimes you’ll execute the wireframes and mockups yourself. You’ll need to determine, based on the characteristics of the project and the resources in the organization, what’s best for the client and for Zoomforth, and execute on that.
Our customers are primarily Fortune 500 enterprises, and the majority of their design requests come in the following use cases:
– Proposal microsites for large enterprise sales
– Internal learning hubs and leadership communications
– Event pages
Critically, your role is not simply to take content and make a pretty website for our customers in our software. Rather, you work with customers to understand who they are communicating with, and what outcomes they’re looking to drive. You evaluate the efficacy of content, explore various methods of laying out content to drive specific actions, implement best options, and communicate your thinking clearly.
- Stellar UX, information architecture, and visual design chops: you make the internet pretty. You know how to not only craft beautiful web design, but you also understand how and why to architect information so it resonates with viewers, and inspires action.
- Ability to turn thoughtful questions into clear plans and instructions. You’ll need to scope projects with clients and brief participating designers on how to get the job done effectively and efficiently
- Design process & systems thinking: We need someone who understands the design process from end-to-end, the different stakeholders involved, and how to communicate and shepherd projects through the various steps.
- Knowledge of web usability: Accessibility standards, optimizing layouts and call-to-actions, legibility, information hierarchy.
- A portfolio you can share that exhibits real work examples of style guides, UI design, landing pages, and/or brand work.
- Strong team and client relationship skills: you’ll be working with communicative and engaged colleagues, as well as customers who are placing their confidence in Zoomforth.
Nice to Have
- HTML/CSS expertise
- Experience of working within a SaaS or Start Up environment
Compensation + Logistics
- $30-$80/hour depending on experience
- Potential for $70k-$110k full time
- Part time basis initially, for approximately 20-40 hours/week depending on demand.
- The position is remote, so you can work from anywhere you like
Screening & Interview Process
1) Portfolio review
We will review your portfolio as a first step.
2) Intro phone call (15-20 min)
We will then do a ~ 20 minute phone screen to get the basics. We want to know what you’re looking for in your work, and some high level info about your skill set and previous experiences. We also want to share more about who we are and why we’re looking for this role. The goal is to ensure that we’re on the same page and that we meet the basic needs of the other party. We’re pretty committed to transparency, so if something doesn’t align, we’ll be upfront with you.
3) Paid Design Exercise (3-4 hours)
This is a 3-4 hour practical exercise that will allow you to showcase your design skills. It will also help us understand how you work and where you might need the most support to get up to speed with our software.
4) Design review and offer
After you’ve completed the work, we’ll do a 30 minute review, and give you the chance to ask questions, provide feedback, and reflection the experience. We’ll then determine if it’s worth continuing the relationship, along with the terms.
Zoomforth helps customers gather content and easily design beautiful websites. Our software makes the complex simple, and the boring beautiful. It’s like Squarespace, but for professional communications.
Join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere, while learning with and from an amazing team. You’ll work alongside our CEO and support some of the most respected startups, agencies, and businesses in the world.
Click below link to apply for this job: